Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the Broke and the Bookish.
So this weeks theme is
Top Ten Authors that I would/have
put on my Auto-buy list
I have a lot of favorite authors, but sometimes I don't like every single one of the series that they have going. But hey, I'll at least try it!
(all links go to the authors Goodreads page)
- Brandon Sanderson: All time favorite author! It was so awesome because just recently I was able to go to a signing of his. First time meeting in real life! I actually managed to get out a few coherent sentences. This is one that I will, no questions asked, purchase anything he has written.
- Patricia Briggs: I will absolutely purchase any Mercy Thompson or Alpha and Omega book the moment it comes out (so excited for the next Mercy to come out a week from now!). Even though I really like fantasy I haven't really tried Ms. Briggs other works yet though.
- Suzanne Collins: Yes, huge fan of the Hunger Games, but actually I much preferred her other series Gregor the Overlander. Ms. Collins is amazing though, so anything she comes out with will be fantastic, I just know. Possibly heart-breaking, but awesome.
- Merrie Haskell: I read her "Princess Curse" and thought it was the bee's knees, seriously (such an awesome relatable protagonist and I am praying that there is a sequel). Ms. Haskell is coming out with a book this May called Handbook for Dragon Slayers. Hello! That one is a pre-order!
- Brandon Mull: His Fablehaven series is one of my MOST favorite and I can't wait for him to continue the series. I will admit I haven't started his Beyonders series yet because I'm a little scared to. I liked Fablehaven so much, what if it doesn't compare? I'm not such a fan of his Candy Shop Wars either, but that's mainly because it really is a middle grade. I'll read it to my kids when I have them though!
- Seanan McGuire: I ADORE her Toby Day series. Seriously, it's on par with Mercy Thompson. I have bought her InCryptid novel but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.
- Cassandra Rose Clarke: A fairly new author, I really really loved her Assassin's Curse and am eagerly awaiting it's sequel. I've purchased her other adult book, but haven't read it yet.
- Ysabeau S. Wilce: Her 'Flora Segunda' series is AMAZING. Such a great world, such a fun cast of characters. I really hope she comes out with more!!
- Sherwood Smith: Her 'Crown Duel' is one of my most favorite books. I haven't read all of her other ones, but I am slowly working through. She has tons!
- Franny Billingsley: Chime was a great joy for me to read and I've read The Folk Keeper. Ms. Billingsley has such a lyrical way with words, I gobbled her tales right up!
Who's on your auto-buy list?