Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the Broke and the Bookish.
So, it's been a while since I've done this meme, but decided to get back
into the swing of things. This weeks topic was surprisingly easy to come up with.
- Life of Pi- I swear, everyone, their mom, and their grandmother has read this book, but not yet me.
- Nightshade- I've heard lots of rave reviews and I started it, but only got like 15 pages in. I'll try again eventually, promise.
- Across the Universe- sounds good, but....
- The Thief- this one seems to be a classic and sounds like something I would like, it just never manages to make it too far onto my TBR
- The Name of the Wind- the was the new book in epic fantasy a while back. The second one has even come out....I really need to read this, but I'm kind of waiting for a long overnight flight and to buy it in paperback.
- Nevermore- another one that I've heard really good things about, got about 15 pages in and just haven't gotten back to it yet
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making- coolest title and the coolest reviews
- Sisterhood of the traveling pants- I've seen some of the movies, and I know that doesn't count, but yeah
- The Mortal Instruments- k, confession, I got about 3/4 of the way through the first in the series and couldn't handle it at the time. Things probably improve but....
- Waterfall- another one that I've nothing but good things about...and I even own a kindle copy, but about 10 pages in...
What do we learn from this list? I'm kind of a finicky reader. I really have to be in the mood for some certain books or else it's like walking through molasses for me, and that's not why I read. I wait until I can't stand the suspense anymore and then read it like there's no tomorrow. Not the healthiest of habits where my sleep is concerned, but you understand.
How about you?